RHS - 1st Truck. 1938 Dodge
Mr. Jack Abell with Captain Eric Graham at handover of truck. Feb 1970
Truck donated by Bill McNamara in 1981. Named "Jack Abell" after first Brigade Captain.
LHS - 2nd Truck. GMC
Mentioned in Blacktown Council records in March 1942 as being in the Riverstone Bush Fire Brigade area. Marsden Park Bush Fire Brigade was formed after a public meeting of local residents in July 1944. The Brigade was officially approved by Blacktown Council in November 1944. Meetings were held at the home of Mr. Klincke on Richmond Rd. The first Brigade shed was built on this property in September 1945, with a lease signed 6th February 1946. Here the brigade's meager equipment was housed, rakes, knapsacks, hession bags etc. A local farmer allowed the use of his truck to fight fires. The brigades first Captain was Mr. J. Abell. In October 1945, the Education Department allowed the meetings to be held at the Marsden Park public school. The school was also used
for socials and dances, for fund raising. In 1952 the shed was moved to Overmyer's Corner Store (now a Service Station), until 1959 when the Education Department approved the lease of a portion of land at the Marsden Park School to house the fire brigade. The shed was completed on that ground in September 1959. The first brigade meeting held in that shed was on 12th January 1960. The old Marsden Park Fire shed served the Brigade well until March 2000, when work on the current station was commenced. The current station was officially opened on 27th July 2002 by Mr. John Aquilina, member for Riverstone.